Nov 13, 2010

Tongs + Toys

Tongs


+ Toys


 =  Fun


For


Boys.


I'd wager the girls will like this task, too. But my girl's been gone to Gatlinburg on a road trip with her daddy since Wednesday, so it's just me and the boy til tonight.  


We're running out of things to do in their absence ... so it helps that I just so happen to have a book full of fun fine motor stuff to do to fill our time, I mean, his time.


 Look at him go - two at a time!  Didn't I say something about him being headed for a career in brain surgery?


He's rounding home base in this shot as he picks up the final treaure - candy!


And - bonus!- the wrapper was a challenging fine motor skill activity in itself.


And then he did it all again.  I totally recommend this activity.  Requires almost no supervision ... unless you are a bored momma with a camera and an otherwise empty house.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Super fun! Can you tell me again the name and author of this book? This is a must purchase for as one of my kiddos struggles in the area of fine motor too.

Heather said...

And...was Anna on just a Daddy/daughter getaway weekend or was it business? Fun either way!

Heather said...

oopps...nevermind. Just found it from another blog and ordered it! yay!

Kimberly said...

Btw, Heather - great new profile pic!

You will not be disappointed with Mighty Fine Motor Fun, girl! Remember when you first started learning how to use a highlighter in your studying and truly you would end up with entire pages of yellow? I sure do. Well that is exactly what happened when I started dog earing pages in this book - they are ALL dogeared pretty much ... excusing the back half in the 5 year old section, obviously. So funny. I couldn't help laughing at myself.

Josh was going to visit his brother and family while they were in TN on a trip, so he (and I) thought it was a great father/daughter memory to make. He always, always does stuff with Noah only, and I keep the girl at home. This time, not so, and it was more than adorable how much Josh looked forward to getting out the door with her. :) And Noah was so cool about letting them.

Emily said...

O.m.g. Put me back on your email list!!!

Or I'm not gonna comment anymore...hmph!


:)

Kimberly said...

No way! :)